Cardboard VR Mode
VR works in Cardboard VR mode with a low-cost, simple head-mount mobile VR viewer like a Google Cardboard. To use Cardboard VR mode, simply click the Cardboard icon in the lower right of menu.
Once the model is in Cardboard VR mode, place your phone inside your viewer and start exploring.
➡️ 3 Ways to Move Around in Cardboard VR Mode
To navigate within the model in Cardboard mode, you can use several technologies:
1. Cardboard Viewer controls
Use the button on the upper right of the Cardboard viewer to navigate step-by-step. You can also use Cardboard compatible devices (like clip-on style VR glasses) that allow you to touch the screen to navigate.
2. Gaze & Go
Gaze & Go is is a great way to go long distances and perform tedious movements (like walking up stairs) with ease. It's also a great way to get inside the model if it has a roof and no other entryways.
- Focus your eyes on the area of the model you'd like to go
- Wait for the short timer to appear
- Teleport automatically
3. Bluetooth Controller
Exploring 3D models in VR is easy and intuitive. But sometimes, it’s more practical (and fun) to use a handheld gaming controller. Kubity is compatible with the SteelSeries Stratus XL for Android and the SteelSeries Nimbus for iPhone/ iPad.
- Turn on bluetooth controller and sync with your phone
- Open the model in Cardboard VR mode on Kubity Go
- Place your phone inside the Cardboard viewer
- Start gaming!
Using the SteelSeries Nimbus with iPhone & iPad
Using the SteelSeries Stratus XL with Android devices
Enabling Gaze & Go
Enabling Gaze & Go allows you to teleport long distances in your model, and easily move if your VR glasses do not have buttons.
- Click the 'Settings' gear icon on the homescreen of Kubity Go.
- Move the slider over to enable Gaze & Go.